Saturday, December 20, 2008

Who is Sunah Cho?


Family:
I have two children: Julie born in Korea and Alvin born in Canada. They are the most precious gifts I have ever been given. I am also lucky to have gentle, hansome, majestic Colton (see his photo above). I was born in Korea and immigrated to Canada. The members of my family of origin that are still alive are my mother and two older sisters. My husband is good at all kinds of sports, which is totally unlike me.

Education:
- PhD: University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada)
Title: Technology use for heritage language acquisition and maintenance.

Teaching Experience:
-Ewha Woman's University (Seoul, Korea)
-Concordia Language Villages (Minnesota, USA)
-University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada)

Career:
I am instructional designer/project manager for distance & blended education in the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, UBC, Canada. I like this job because it allows me to practice all the theory I have learned from my class through all sorts of activities: meeting people, facilitating projects, considering others, using technology, sharing my expertise, mentoring others, constantly making decisions...
I am also teaching a graduate course in UBC's Masters of Educational Technology. I love teaching as well because it makes me more confident and proud of myself as one who can share my knowledge and experience with others. I know I am sometimes selfish but mostly I like to share with others.

What I like most:
I like working with people, being together, and laughing my head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment